No, we wouldn’t recommend you use waist trainers while working out at the gym. These reasons will tell you why:
Using waist trainers at the Gym can be harmful for you.
1. If your body is not used to using it for extraneous activities, such as working out, it will result to dizziness and fainting. This could happen, especially when you’re performing cardiovascular exercises which need the full capacity of your lungs. Remember, the waist shaper squeezes your lungs, constricting it from expanding and taking in the necessary oxygen.
2. During workouts, wearing a waist shaper can rapidly increase your blood pressure to the highest level. This is very dangerous, especially for individuals who’ve had cases of hypertension. Some say that warming up refrains this type of situation from happening.
Waist training at the gym damages waist trainers.
1. You’ll be sweating, a lot, which can damage the fibers of your waist shaper.
2. When it doesn’t break soon, it becomes a breeding ground for germs. You should know that dark and moist surfaces are their favorite hideouts, which is definitely unhygienic.
3. Moisture from sweat causes the steel bones to rust.
4. Constantly washing it damages the equipment quickly.
5. Using waist shapers while doing certain exercises can cause damages.
If you still decided to wear waist shapers while working out at the gym, here are the things you should remember.
1. Choose waist shapers near-suitable for physical activities that you’ll be doing.
2. Wear a wicking liner beneath your waist trainer which absorbs the moisture caused by your sweating.
3. Avoid doing core muscle exercises.
4. Always monitor your breathing pattern. If you find it hard to breathe, stop whatever you’re doing and immediately remove the waist shaper.
5. Occasionally, clean your corset with a clean, damp cloth and a little amount of soap. To disinfect the garment, you can use isopropyl alcohol or even unflavored vodka.